An 11-year-old New Jersey boy died in Brooklyn Tuesday night time, and authorities are investigating whether or not cooked fish was the trigger.
Camron Jean-Pierre, who had a recognized allergy to fish, turned sick at his grandmother’s residence after reportedly smelling the aroma of some cooked cod.
It doesn’t seem that the boy consumed the cod, however he could have had an allergic response to the odor, police informed WPIX TV.
Camron’s father, Steven Jean-Pierre, mentioned he and his son deliberate to spend the day with the boy’s grandma in Brooklyn, however arrived simply as she was cooking fish.
“It simply so occurs they was cooking it after we got here in,” Jean-Pierre informed the New York Publish. “Often he don’t get nothing that extreme.”
Though Camron was rapidly hooked as much as a medical machine, he misplaced consciousness and couldn’t be revived even after he was taken to a neighborhood hospital, in line with the New York Day by day Information.
Camron’s dad informed the paper his son’s final phrases had been “Daddy, I really like you,” adopted by two kisses.
Town health worker continues to be investigating the official explanation for dying, however no criminality was instantly suspected, in line with the Publish.
The American Faculty of Allergy, Bronchial asthma and Immunology particularly warns that folks affected by fish allergic reactions ought to keep out of locations the place fish is being cooked, “as proteins could also be launched into the air throughout cooking.”
Fish allergy signs embrace hives, nausea, complications and anaphylaxis, in line with Inside Version.