In the event you’ve ever thought of going keto, one of many hardest ideas to wrap your head round is the truth that you should say sayonara to lots of scrumptious meals. Nevertheless, this recipes proves this flawed. Keto-expert Scott Gooding, reveals consuming keto is something however boring – and these BBQ prawns is only one instance.
So as to add slightly extra tang to the mayo, be happy so as to add the grated zest of 1 lemon and/or 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika.
BBQ Prawns with Herb Mayo
- 24 uncooked banana prawns
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- juice of 1 lemon
- sea salt and freshly floor black
- pepper, to style
- ¼ bunch of coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 cup Herb Mayo
For the Herb Mayo
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 11⁄2 cups macadamia oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄Four bunch of dill, finely chopped
- sea salt and freshly floor black pepper, to style
For the herb mayo:
1. In a big mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolks and mustard collectively.
2. Slowly add the oil whereas whisking continuously.
3. As soon as creamy, whisk within the lemon juice and dill.
4. Season with salt and pepper, and retailer in an hermetic container within the fridge.
For the prawns:
1. Rinse and drain the prawns then peel, leaving the tails on.
2. Preheat the barbecue to excessive.
3. Baste the prawns with butter and prepare dinner on the barbecue for 1–2 minutes all sides, or till the prawns flip pink and opaque.
4. Take away from the warmth and costume with lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper, and serve with the coriander and herb mayo alongside.
That is an extract from Scott Gooding’s The Keto Weight-reduction plan Cookbook(Hachette Australia, $29.99).Images by Man Bailey.
Need extra keto recipes? These are Luke Hines’ low-carb keto crepes, and that is Sam Wooden’s keto-friendly steak and slaw.