A new survey has revealed the average number of sexual partners across different generations, revealing some very interesting results.
We got down and dirty, digging through the raw data for some interesting conclusions. Here they are:
- Our parents had way fewer sexual partners than us. Not sure if that’s reassuring or still just gross. They total an average 10.7 sexual partners in their lifetime, while Millennials have already surpassed that number.
- Gen Z males are seriously getting busy. Very busy. They’ve already clocked up an average of 7.6 sexual partners before the age of 21.
- Generation X is the most adventurous of all, totally 13.1 sexual partners in their lifetime.
- 25% of people have had sex with two to four people in their lifetime. Don’t worry if your number is slightly higher than this, as 13% admitted to having slept with 10-15 people.
- 14% of all respondents said they’ve only had sex with one person over the course of their life.
- 2% of respondents impressively clocked up a total of 91 sexual partners in their lifetime.
Baby Boomer (Ages: 54 – 72) 1946-1964
On average Baby Boomers have had 10.7 sexual partners so far in their lifetime
On average Boomer Females have had 7.4 partners
On average Boomer Males have had 12.9 partners
Generation X (Ages: 38 – 53) 1965-1980
On average Generation X have had 13.1 sexual partners so far in their lifetime
On average Generation X Females have had 10.1 partners
On average Generation X Males have had 16.1 partners
Millennials (Ages: 22 – 37) 1981-1996
On average Millennials have had 11.6 sexual partners so far in their lifetime
On average Millennial Females have had 10.8 partners
On average Millennial Males have had 13.4 partners
Generation Z (Ages: 18 – 21) 1995-1997
On average Generation Z have had 5.6 sexual partners so far in their lifetime
On average Generation Z Females have had 2.6 partners
On average Generation Z Males have had 7.6 partners
If you liked this, you should read why women are more likely to experience a migraine and what happens to your body when you stop having sex.
Know someone who’d love this? Share it with them!